Question
Posted by: TINA | 2009/12/15

PENDING DIVORCE + PREGNANT

My husband initiated divorce proceeding in September cos he was unhappy with the marriage. A month later we began talking to each other and became intimate. But he wont stop the divorce neither does he feel comfortable to go to a counselor.
Now i discover i am pregnant. He suggests an abortion.
How do I deal with this. We have been married 21 years and have 2 teen kids.
I dont want an abortion.

It sounds as though he has, rather selfishly, been making a lot of very major life decisions for you/ Shouldn't you see a good local counsellor urgently to work out what is best for you, and to help you make a decision about the pregnancy which you can live with, rather than simply continuing to meet his needs ? If you don['t want an abortion, that is understandable, and a counsellor would help you explore other options. And after the divorce he would still be liable to pay maintenance costs for the baby, something which may be encouraging him to push you towards an abortion

1