Question
Posted by: BMJ | 2009/03/24

Pelvic pain

Doc, I had a hysterectomy 18months ago (still have ovaries) for the last six weeks I have had pelvic pain. It started at my belly button then moved to the right lower side. It almost felt like ovulation pain. It comes and goes and it is not very painful, but certainly uncomfortable. Now my left side is sore as well and my lower back. My urine does not smell or burn and I am not at all constipated. Whatever it is is not clearing. Do you have any ideas and do I need to see my GP or gynie.

Dear BMJ
Please see your GP asap, this sounds very much like an inflamed appendix!