Question
Posted by: Jone | 2009-03-23

Pelvic Pain

Hi Doc,
I am a 30 year old female and lately - the past few months I have been experiencing pelvic pain but only when I lie down for prolong periods of time. I can go to bed and lie on my back, no problem, but during the night I toss and turn as my pelvis/lower back is paining - It cannot be the bed as my husband does not have the same problem. I have lost some weight but this has been gradual and I have been watching what I eat and go to the gym on a fairly regular basis. I have been reading about ovarian cancer etc and pelvic pain and weight loss are symptoms. Do I need to be concerned? should I schedule an appointment with my gp asap????

Dear Jone
At your age it is more likely to be due to infection than cancer but yes, I think you should see your GP for a proper Gyne examination. He may want to do a pelvic sonar too.