Posted by: Concern | 2009-10-12

Peeping Tom

Years ago, I have caught my husband peeping at a next door neighbour as she got dressed. This went on for a few weeks before i realised what was happening. I' m guessing the girl was about 15 or so. I was quite upset and we talked it over. I though that was the end of it.
Recently, while on holiday i caught him climbing on top of the wash basin to peep into the ladies bathroom. Again i found this very disturbing. Am i overreacting to be very concerned about this behavior?

Sorry, folks, but as I have to rush to Durban for an emergency, this forum was supposed to have been closed from Noon Monday, and has only been left open by mistake. So it will be extremely difficult for me to respond to all questions before Friday.
You're not over-reacting at all, and he is under-reacting. He urgently needs to see a good local shrink for assesment and treatment of this abnormal and indeed criminal behaviour, and you may need to remind him that this is indeed criminal behaviour, and that if you reported him to the police, or if any of his victims spotted him and reported him, he would be publically disgraced and in very serious trouble indeed.

Posted by: Naughty Girls | 2009-10-16

Don' t be harsh on the poor sucker. You know what we did. There was a guy living nextdoor and he used to be outside quite a bit. We, my friend and I, teenagers, then teased him by leaving the curtain slightly open, but enough for him to see in. We then stripped down, showing boobs mainly and a little bit of the other, not too much so as to be naked but left nothing to the imagination. It was done really tastefully, so he never knew we were teasing him. His reaction was so amusing. He could not stop looking but at the same time he was acting casual as if he did not see us. After a while we stopped it as it was unfair on him. What I want to know is would you brand him a Peeping Tom and tell him to get help. Maybe this 15 year old was doing the same thing ?

Reply to Naughty Girls
Posted by: Kelly | 2009-10-13

I think he needs help, no normal person goes that out of his way to look at other women esp.if they have one.

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: almost mad | 2009-10-13

this is very disturbing. while i cant comment on his mental state I must say that there is definately a problem. Your husband needs some coucelling. Looking at a 15 year old is espesially sick.

Reply to almost mad