Posted by: Pete | 2010-04-08

Peeling skin

Hi there, see there is no skin doctor but hope you can help or move my post.
I treid to get an appointment with a skin doc bt they are all full for at least 2 months.

My problem: For the last month or so the skin on my hands are forming little white (deadskin) spots which then cracks and I then peel it off. Almost like sunburn, but this must be more layers of skin as peeling it in some places is actually sore.
I have not changed soap, dishwasher, shampoo or anything I can think off in that time.
My hands look really bad with all the spots of removed skin on it (front and back of hands).
Should I go try see a pharmisist in the meantime for a cream? Or what could this be.

You can consult your GP for skin tests, as well as blood tests, in order to rule an allergic reaction out, that might be the cause for your symptoms. Your doctor will also have to send some of the skin peelings away, to rule a yeast infection out.

I do however, think that it is due to an allergic reaction of some kind.