Posted by: hands | 2011-10-17

Peeling hands

The top layer of the inside of my hands and fingers start peeling approximately once per year. The skin makes small dry blisters and then peel away. It normally starts at the thumbs and index fingers and then spread to the rest of my hands. It does not itch, neither is it sore - just a nuisance. The skin that peels is so thick that I have to cut the loose parts off with a clipper. The skin on the outside of my hands is never affected. After three to four weeks it is all done, and the inside of my hands look like new. What causes or triggers this condition, and can it be stopped or cured?

It can be a seasonal occurence but I suggest that you consult a dermatologist for an examination, especially when the process of peeling is underway.