Posted by: Loreen | 2009-02-12

Peeling Feet

My 11 year old daughter' s feet started to peel when she wore her new school shoes. They are green cross shoes. I don' t think it' s her shoes though. We were on holiday in December where she walked on a very hot beach one or twice. The peeling started under her toes and has moved along her feet and is now on her heels. The skin is very hard that is coming off and is blisters first and comes off in sheets of skin. Do I need to see a specialist. It' s not painful or itchy.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Loreen

This a difficult question to answer without seeing the feet. I doubt the shoes would have caused it, it is more likely to be a fungal skin infection like athlete's foot or possibly a reaction to walking on the hot sand. I would wait and see how it progresses. If it causes pain, itches or does not go away I would go and see a dermatologist