Question
Posted by: fourie | 2008/07/28

Peanutbutter

i love peanutbutter, how unhealthy is it to have it about 3 times a week on a slice of low GI bread? j
Can I exhange 1 bowl of Hi fibre cereal for a low GI slice of bread of Lower GI scone for breakfast sometimes?
I am trying to lose the last 4 kg, but for some reason they just sit.

Dear Fourie
Peanut butter is certainly NOT unhealthy seeing that it is a rich source of plant protein, B vitamins and monounsaturated fats. It does have a high energy content, but if you have ti 3 times a week on a slice of low-GI bread then you will not sabotage your diet. Use it in place of a serving of margarine or oil. You can certainly exchange a slice of low-GI or seedbread or rye bread for your bowl of Hi-fibre breakfast cereal or a low-GI scone -variety is important in a diet even when you are trying to lose weight. The last few kgs are usually the most difficult to lose, but if you stick to your diet and do some exercise, then they too will disappear.