Question

Pea size bump behind ear

Dear doc
I am a 46 yr old woman who sometimes gets a dull headache which seems to affect the right ear. During these times, I notice a pea size bump behind my ear (located more or less in the middle of te ear) which seems to influence the pain. After taking pain killers, the pain disappears and eventually the bump is smaller but I have noticed that there is constantly a little bump there now but very little pain.
What can it be?

Dear Anon
This could be a gland that you feel/see. I think you should ask your doctor to refer you to an ENT surgeon for an evaluation - this can be a sign of a chronic infection or even a tumour.