Posted by: Frustrated | 2013-01-14

PE Frustration

My husband and i are newlyweds. We have been married 2 years. My husband suffers from Premature Ejaculation which put me off sex for a long time. Recently i decided to try and encourage sex in an effort to make him last longer. I thought he was getting too excited due to the lack of intimacy.
Well, thats not helping. I cant remember the last time we had sex. Everytime seems like a quicky.

What can I as his wife do to help. Im going to loose my mind...

Premature ejaculation can cause so much distress and frustration in a relationship. It is possible to get help for this condition but it would be best to discuss this with a practitioner who is trained to do so. They would want to discuss this issue with you and your husband. They would ask more detailed questions about the problem, whether it is something new and or always present, whether there could be medical condition which may cobntribute to the problem (eg hyperthyroidism). In some men there is a fear of an erectile dysfunction which may then lead to the premature ejaculation which needs to be discussed. Ways to treat PE would include psychotherapy, the use of a topical aneasthetic (lidocaine cream or spray) with the use of a condom, or oral drug therapy (SSRI) which are known to delay ejaculation. For further information please consult SASHA’s website at For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to