Posted by: Tira | 2008-12-23

PCOS where to go

i have recently been told i have PCOS, which i suspected. I have always struggled with my weight so got my thyroid checked and my insulin levels tested as well. both tests came back fine.
Gynie basically has said that if i dont lose weight my body will continue to produce cysts (have just had 3 big cysts removed - one measuring 8cm) I am on the pill and have been for a long time.
I understand that losing the weight will help with the cysts, but what about all the side effects of PCOS that i have been struggling with for so long. eg excessive hair growth and depression ? Gynie will not put me on metformin.

If your insulin levels are normal, you do not need metformin. Depression isn.'t really a symptom of PCOS. The best Pill for the excess hair is Diane 35.

Posted by: amy | 2009-03-23

I too have just been diagnosed with pcos. I missed my period for 5 months and prior to that had extreme periods with a lot of pain. I went for a scan and they told me I have 9 cysts. I am not overweight or insuin resistant and am only 16. I want to know more about a syndrome and what I acn do to prevent weight gain, pain, depression hairloss etc.

Reply to amy