Question
Posted by: Jackie | 2011/07/05

PCOS question

Hi there. I had a sterilization when my second baby was born two years ago. Since then i have had some health problems and was diagnosed with Insulin Resistance and an under active Thyroid. I went for a check up with my Gynea and he diagnosed PCOS. He prescribed some medications and said i must use this for about 6 months and my GP suggested that i have a historectomy. What are your thoughts on this and what will be the best option for me? I am not planning to have any more children.

A hysteectomy will not solve the problem with PCOS and insulin resistance. You will still need medication for this.

1