Question
Posted by: Sahara | 2008/05/27

PCOS & loss of libido

Dear doc,

I have pcos & have found that I seem to have a totall loss of libido. I have terribly irregular periods, am now on glucophage & trying to lose weight. I find intercouse sometimes painful & I actually don't enjoy it at all anymore. I feel nothing. Is it due to the hormonal changes? Is there some kind of libido enhancing medication that I can take? I am hoping to fall pregnant in the next 2 years. Have been trying for the past 3 yrs now.

Please advise.

Dear Sahara
I am not aware of direct link between PCOS and loss of libido and therefore I would be inclined to believe that the problem may be due to other factors such as concomitant or even other psycosocial factors. A visit to a sexologist may be worth while after having excluded the possibility of endometriosis.