Posted by: Priya | 2012-01-12

PCOS - irregular period

please help. i have PCOS. i have been on mercilon for a long time and it has helped to regulate my period.
last month was the last i took mercilon as it is out of stock. my period is late, and i do not know what to do. what pill can i take that is similar to mercilon? something as light as mercilon.
one more question - is there something i could take to make my period start???
please help me

You can use a contraceptive like Yaz or Yasmin. It will regulate your period and bring along menstruation. You also have to consult your doctor to determine if you are diabetic, as this is a common complication of PCOS and this can affect your menstruation negatively.