Posted by: Mary | 2009-01-14

PCOS early stages

Hi, I have just been diagnosed with early stages of Polcystic ovaries. Im trying hard to have a balanced diet and have been on the pill for the past 3 months and have now stopped as my gynae put me on the pill for only 3 months.
I really want to fall pregnant and nothing is happening.
My Gp recomended that my husband first test his sperm which i no he wont do.
I asked my Gp to give me Clomid he wanted to first test my husband.
I no the problem lies with me. Im gonna see my gynae at the end of feb. Is there any advice u can give me.

Dear Mary

The advice that your GP has given you is perfectly correct and should your partner not be willing to undergo a sperm analysis then there are newer home sperm kits available, which he could consider. However a short course of ovulation induction using Clomid may not be a bad idea particularly if combined with some form of ovulation monitoring and timed intercourse.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

Posted by: Pops | 2009-01-21

Hi Mary i was diagnosed with PCOS as well and been trying to fall pregnant .Do not bit yourself too much by saying that : the problem lies with you " .I hope your husband comes around .Good Luck

Reply to Pops
Posted by: C | 2009-01-15

I am in the same boat as you, was diagnosed on friday. My husband willingly went for a sperm test and now the dr is happy to put me on clomid. Many drs will not give you a script if they do not know for sure there are no problems with your husband. Clomid has many side effects, and they cant put you on it if there is a chance your husbands sperm count is low. I hope you can convince him to go for a test. Good luck

Reply to C