Question
Posted by: Cal | 2012-07-04

PCOS + Cessation of pill

Hi there,
I was diagnosed with PCOS last feb and have been on Minesse since. I have stopped having periods altogether on the pill, so decided to go off for a month to see if my body is actually ovulating. I took my last active pill on Fri 15 June and have been experiencing ovarian pain and a swollen tummy for the last 4 days (feels like period pain). Is this perhaps ovulation pain, or more horrible cysts forming, or could I possibly have a bladder infection (had a slight bout of thrush for a few days...)?
Shall I wait to see if I do have a period, or should I make an appointment with my gynae?
Many thanks.
Cal

I can't tell what the cause for your pain is. It isn't time for either ovulation or your period. There is often some congestion after stopping the Pill, so I would wait it out and see what happens.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-07-09