Question
Posted by: Gina | 2012/01/16

PCOS and pregnancy

I was diagnosed with PCOS beginning of October 2011. Was prescribed Inofolic and Fertomid 25mg which I used end October 2011. Got pregnant immediately. Was told to stop the Inofolic. Got bleeding from week 5 of pregnancy. Had ultrasound at 9 weeks and was told fetus stopped developing at 6 weeks. I had to have a d& c on 30 December 2011. I want to start trying to conceive as soon as I have my first period and my gynae said I should use the Fertomid 25mg again. I am very scared that I will miscarry again. What are my chances of miscarriage if I get pregnant again? Should I continue using the Inofolic during the first trimester? Would it help to get my hormones tested if I get pregnant again?

It is usually a good idea to wait at least 3 months before trying again, so that your body can return to normal. You should take the folic acid throughout pregnancy. The chances of a successful pregnancy after one miscarriage is about 85%.

1