Question
Posted by: MV | 2011/02/22

PCOS and pregnancy

I was diagnosed with PCOS 5 years ago (at age 23) and started to use Yasmin. Five months ago I stopped using Yasmin. My husband and I are trying to conceive. My periods have so far been fairly regular (between 29 and 33 days) and not as heavy or painful as before I started using the Pill. I want to know whether women with PCOS are more likely to have false negative pregnancy tests and experience bleeding (which look like periods) early in the pregnancy. Thanks.

No, women with PCOS are not more likely to have false negative tests or to have 'false' periods.

1