Question
Posted by: Polla | 2009/11/07

PCOS and pregnancy

I was diagnosed with " PCOS, possible endometriosis”  after a vaginal ultrasound 10 months ago. I am 27 years old. I have always suffered painful and irregular periods. When I was 20 years old I started birth control and it is being helping me with the pain and to regulate my period. I am not 28 and marry  I want to start trying to conceive, but I am scare because of my diagnosis. What should my first step be in trying to get pregnant? Should I stop the pill or should I look for help? What are my changes of infertility? What are the consequences of many years of birth control
Thank you for your help.

Stop the Pill and see what your periods are like. If the are irregular after 3 months, see your gynaecologist. Not all women with PCOS have problems with fertility. Prolonged use of the Pill has no long term effect on fertility.

1