Question
Posted by: Pearly | 2011/10/03

PCOS and Mirena

I have been diagnosed with PCOS and am on Metformin, am now using nordette for contraceptive because of heavy bleeding. however someone recomended Mirena as it would help with the bleeding,but then got concerned as someone else said the bleeding might stop all together and got worried about the cycst growing more. what can you recommend. what can i do about the weight problem as well, always been size 36 but now am size 42, its frustrating.

I would suggest that you stay on the Nordette. This is better for PCOS. Weight gain will have to be managed with a strict low GI diet.

1