Question
Posted by: Lin | 2009/09/18

PCOS and hystorectomy

I' m 30 years old with a little boy of 4. Although I would love another baby, I can' t live with the symptoms of PCOS anymore. I have ALL of the symptoms, from hairgrowth on my face, weight gain although I barely eat anything, acne to severe menstrual cramp and excessive bleeding (irregular).
I was on fertility treatment for 4 years before I fell pregnant (fertility specialist).
Now my husband and I were wondering whether a full hysterectomy would take away all the PCOS things. It' s really driving me up the wall. Thanks for your time.
Lin

No, a hysterectomy would not be the answer. The treatment for PCOS is hormonal.