Question
Posted by: Lees | 2010-01-27

PCOS &  thyroid

Dear Doctor,

I have been diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance as well as an underactive thyroid. However, to be honest I never thought to ask my gynae the severity. She was however confident that treating me with glucophage &  eltroxin would be adequate - as well as explaining the importance of diet and exercise.

I recently accompanied a friend of mine to a homeopath and I was told that the glucophage &  eltroxin could have harmful side effects. Please could you let me know what the side effects of these drugs are and if these outweigh the option of not taking this medication and therefore not treating it?
I have felt rather confused &  would appreciate any feedback.
Kind regards,
Lees

Glucophage can cause nausea. Eltroxin has virtually no side effects. You are better off taking them.

2
Posted by: Momof3 | 2010-04-21

Hi Lees

I use both Glucophage &  Eltroxin and have experienced no side effects other than in the 1st 2 weeks my tummy got upset taking the Glucophage but it got used to the meds.

Good Luck

Reply to Momof3
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-01-29