Question
Posted by: Gale | 2009/11/23

PCOS &  PMS

What is the connection between PCOS &  PMS. I suffer from PCOS and did not have a period for the last 3 months even though I lost weight and expected my periods to start again. The past weekend I was in such a bad state, I believed was PMS, I wanted to strangle each and everyone around me. I dont think I' ll have a period soon as I did not have the other signs of PMS except the moods. Do you think I should go on medication for the PCOS( metformin or something) as oral contraceptives make me extremely depress and I worry about the condition. Thanks.

There is no connection between PMS and PCOS. Many women without PCOS have PMS. You also can't call it PMS if it is not related to a period.
You should take advice from your gynaecologist about treatment as it depends what symptoms of PCOS you have.

1