Posted by: Daisy | 2008-11-12

PCOS &  Contraception

Dear Dr,

I need help with contraception. My baby is now 9 month old, after years of infertility treatment for PCOS and Endometriosis. I have not been on contraception for years, so after the birth was put on Yasmin. I had no side effects except that I had my period every second week for a week. And it was really heavy. I finished my 6 month script, as th dr said my body needs about 3 to 4 months to adjust to the pill. After 6 months my gp prescribed Femodene. I' ve been on it for 2 months now, but if I didn' t know any better I could' ve sworn that it' s killing me. I have the worst ever leg and arm pains. But mostly my legs. It feels like I have pain in the actual bone??? And during menstruation I have the worst ever Migraine! I really cannot carry on like this. My GP said that I should rather see my gynae again, but she' s booked full until February. Is there anything I can take or ask my GP to prescribe until I see my gynae? I do not want to see another gynae as mine knows my whole history. Or, should I just keep using Femodene? Will the pain go away after the 3rd month? The headache I can still handle, but my constant leg / arm pains are getting the best of me. Oh, and I have very bad water retention on Femodene, but I really do not want to take tablets for that. I' m scared to use condoms only, as I really am not ready for another pregnancy now. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

If you had no problems with Yasmin, why don't you go back to this?