Question
Posted by: Need to know | 2008/08/10

PCOS &  Clomid = Twins ???

I Just want to know what the chances are for us to have twins.
1) I' m 31, hubby' s 36
2) I Have PCOS - starting with 5 days Clomid on Tuesday (1st time)
3) My father was one of a non-identical twins.
4) My mother' s father was one of identical twins.
5) My mother in law had a misscarage with twin girls (not sure if they were identical or not)

What kind of twins are in your genes - identical or non identical ?

Dear Need to know

The use of Clomid and as well as the technique of assisted reproduction does increase your chances of having twins. However the twining associated with assisted reproductive techniques are usually non-identical. You however have a strong family history of twins and these type of twins that may occur are usually identical.

Answered by: Dr Y. Dasoo

4
Posted by: Need to know | 2008/08/11

Thank you for all the advise. It' s much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Reply to Need to know
Posted by: pcos | 2008/08/11

My great-grandmother had identical twins, grandmother had non-ident twins, my aunt (mothers side) had non-ident twins.

On my fathers side:
Grandfather was one on identical-twins, my Aunt had non-identical twins.

How' s that for twins?

CT

Reply to pcos
Posted by: Shmegal | 2008/08/11

Both my grandparents came from non-identical twin families. I was on Clomid for quite a while as well as injectables when I ttc. I had a singleton. Luck of the draw I think.

Reply to Shmegal
Posted by: nix | 2008/08/11

Non identical twins run in the family. and it can only be bought down in the family if it comes from the mothers side of the family.

Reply to nix