Question
Posted by: Mika | 2012/10/04

PCOS

I have been on Cipla cyproterone acetate 50 to combat excessive facial hair growth as a result of being diagnosed with PCOS. During the period that I have used the medication I did not get my period and my Gynae said that it was normal. I has now finished the course but has been bleeding daily and has severe stomach cramps. Is this a result of not getting my period during the time that I used the drug? When will it ease up? Is there anything to be concerned about?

This is probably due to a build-up in the womb lining while you were not having a period. This could last up to two weeks.

1