Posted by: Fatty | 2011-09-22

I was diagnosed with PCOS 2 yrs ago and have gained 15kg. I am only 1.49cm and weigh 70kg. I am currently taking Euthyrox and Cipla Pioglizatone and Melodene. My problem is that no matter what eating plan(s) I follow or exercise I do, my weight does not shed. I am at wits end and feeling rather despondant. Can you suggest something to solve my problem please?

You can consult your doctor for medication to suppress your appetite. It is also advisable that you are tested for diabetes and thyroid abnormalities. Unfortunately, if you do lower your calorie intake and increase your calorie use with exercise, you will loose weight. Try and do at least 45 minutes of cardiovascular exercise, six times per week.