Question
Posted by: Marl | 2011/08/15

PCOS

Good morning
I have suffered most of my adult life (20 ish years) with PCOS. It has been so awful and the side effects are horrible. I have recently made an appointment to see an endocrinologist but have to wait 6 weeks as they are so busy. Losing weight is almost impossible even when I am hardly eating anything and I am struggling. Would going onto a birth control pill help me to lose weight, and if so which one would you recommend? Should I see a gynae or the endocrinologist for this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Kind regards
M
:)

The Pill helps regulate your cycle and helps with other effects of PCOS but not with weight loss. I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist.

3

Posted by: Marl | 2011/08/18

Morning Unique
Thanks for your advice. I have been on 500mg Glucophage per day and it hasn''t made a difference for me. That''s why I feel like I am at a dead end and don''t know where to go.
Have a good day.
M

Reply to Marl
Posted by: Unique | 2011/08/17

I think you should see a gynae. I have the same condition. My gynae put me on Glucophage. Apparently it''s suppose to stabilise your blood sugar which make loosing weight a possibility.

Reply to Unique