Question
Posted by: Cherise | 2011-03-07

PCOS

Good day,

I am 25 years old and have a BMI of 25.7. I am currently on Minerva, Glucophage and Cipla-Pioglitazone 15.

My husband and I would like to conceive later in the year thus I am trying to lose 8kg''''s to be a healthy weight.

Being on Minerva I have regular periods in a 27 day cycle.

At which stage of my cycle should I go off the contraceptives to try and conceive, should it be a few days before I am fertile or should I give it more time?

When we try and conceive should I leave the other medication also (which was given to me for insulin-resistance).

I was diagnosed with Poly-cystic ovary syndrome about 4 years ago and since then have lost 14k''''gs.

Your advice is appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Cherise

The best time to stop the Pill is at the end of a pack. It may take a few months to conceive. In this time, you should continue your medication. Discuss with your gynaecologist about treatment in the pregnancy.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-03-10