Question
Posted by: Candy Lady | 2010/12/17

PCOS?

Could somebody please shed some light on this matter for me? i have contacted my gynae but she is unavailable and have not returned my calls yet.
I had my last period in August this year. I was on various antibiotics and I developed cysts on my ovaries again ( I have PCOS) My gynae advised me to stop the pill in September hoping that I would have some bleeding after that but nothing happened. I went for 2 scans and the second scan showed fluid in my womb. My womb lining was also almost non existant. My thyriod was tested and it all ok. I was started on Yaz and have finished my second pack already but still no period. I have since stopped using any oral contraceptives. Its been nearly a week since stopping the pill. Was it a wise decision to stop the pill? Should I wait and see if I will start bleeding eventually? I have such a lot of questions that is not being answered and its making me anxious.

If your womb lining is very thin, it may take a while before it builds up enough to have a period. With PCOS, one of the main treatments is the Pill, so you should continue with this.

3
Posted by: Lin | 2010/12/21

The best for PCos is to continue on the Pill until you''re ready to fall pregnant.

I also have Pcos and was told to stay on the pill for as long as possible. Also to see a gunae every 6 months and to have regular PAP smears.

Reply to Lin

Posted by: Friend | 2010/12/17

Hi Candy Lady.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble!! I also have PCOS and very many questions.

I am unable to help you unfortunately and I don''t know if these guys will help you either. I also asked a question the other day and all I get n pitiful one-liner that didn''t help me in the least!!!

Good luck, maybe someone might take the time to help you!

Keep well!

Reply to Friend