Question
Posted by: vernon | 2010/11/12

PCOS

my daughter suffer from PCOS,PICKING UP WEIGHT ALOT.please help or advice.under DR MAY(claremont)

She should go on a low GI diet - a dietician would be able to help with this - and may need the Pill or Metformin, depending on her symptoms.

4
Posted by: hk | 2010/11/15

cohen diet does not reverse pcos. i was on it 2x and it did nothing for me. Just try and eat healthy, low gi. always make the best food choices and you will have to exercise. PCOS sufferers have to work twice as hard to achive less than half the result .................. sad reality................

Reply to hk

Posted by: Unique | 2010/11/12

I have PCOS and weight problems. I''m currently trying a book on PCOS and Infertility - I''m not infertile but interested because the book recommend a diet that will help with other pcos symptoms.

Basically it recommends a healthy natural diet - with processed stuff, no artificial stuff etc.

We''ll see hoe it goes. So far I''ve lost 1kg in 1 week. Small for people used to crash diets but slow weight loss is good.

Reply to Unique
Posted by: Rin | 2010/11/12

A colleauge had the same problem, lost about 35kg after the Cohen diet. It is designed for PCOS by a Dr from JHB. Hope this helps

Reply to Rin