Posted by: Anita | 2010-09-05

Dear Dr

I am living in Bangkok, Thailand, when I was in SA, I was told after blood tests, I have PCOS, because I have acne, and bodily hair in most places woman should not have hair :(

ANyway, it now seems the hair is just getting worse and worse - could you suggest what type of medication I could take??

If I go on Diane, will that be effective? It always helps wth my acne, not sure about the hair.

Your urgent help will be much appreciated.

Expert ImageNatural health

PCOS is a condition where the egg is not released from the ovary and it forms cysts. This causes estrogen dominance. You can use Chromium to balance the blood sugar. Progesterone cream (bio-identical) can help you but this is also not treating the cause. i would strongly suggest a consult with a Chinese medicine practitioner or homeopath to treat your symptoms specifically as slight changes in symptoms can indicate other remedies.

Diane would only symptomatic treat the problem - prevent ovulation and more cysts from forming. The pill might also contribute to oestrogen dominance. Check your labels for any form of paraben, phenoxyethenol, bishphenol-A!. Also, DO NOT heat anything in the microwave in plastic!. Do not heat anything with plastic on it at all!. Do not drink out of a plastic water bottle when it has been heated by the sun!. Heated plastic releases estrogenic compounds!

Dr Debbie