Question
Posted by: Anon | 2009-09-04

PCOS?

Dear Doctor
I was told that I have " polycystic ovaries"  when I was still young (based on ultrasound examination) but no further tests were done. In the meantime I have had 3 babies (all with ART, including IVF). Now I am on Yasmine but would like to leave it. Should I be on it for treatment of my possible PCOS? And should I have further tests to determine if I do have PCOS? I am 32 now.
Thanks you!

PCOS is diagnosed on ultrasound scan. The treatment is the oral contraceptive. The only further test you need is a glucose and insulin level.