Question
Posted by: demi | 2008/10/19

PCOS

I am desperate!!!
I have PCOS and endemetriosis, have just moved my medical aid to Discovery, but since they know of my condition have placed me on a 12 month waiting period! I have 11 months to go before i can seek medical help.

I am unemployed and have not got the money to pay for the treatment i know i am in desperate need of. I am reluctant to go to a govt. hospital, simply because I am terrified of poor service!

I have picked up 29kg in just under a yr for no reason. Nothing has changed in my diet, nothing has changed in my physical activity. I have no energy at all and I want to sleep all the time! I am crying all the time, i am aggressive and have completely lost my will to do anything, which landed me closing my business last yr. My self esteem is completely gone!

I have severe facial hair (although one may say mine is not severe, as i am sure others have it worse) but i have NEVER had it ever in my entire life!

I have NEVER EVER had a period! I am 34, turning 35 in a few weeks! I have never been given a conclusive reason or solution to this! i have been on provera and fertomid, to no avail. I have been through fertililty treatment umteen times to no avail! i have no biological children, but i do have a daughter whom i adopted 5 yrs ago.

my skin has become so blotchy and rough and i feel down all the time!

I have excrutiating dibilitating pain in my abdonimal area, often resulting in black outs, or screams of sheer pain and discomfort.

i know i am a high risk for uterus cancer, or ovarian cancer.
i also know that treating this is a costly affair!

what can i do in the mean time, while i wait for my med aid to kick in??? baring in mind that this is affecting every single area of my life, my relationship with my boyfriend, daughter friends etc.

i dont go out anymore! i find myself completely embarrassed and depressed as a result of not being able to fit into my clothes or hide my facial hair that i am now so self conscious about, that i talk with my hand over my mouth at all times!

i get excrutiating back ache, i am sure as a result of the weight gain, and often cant even stand up.

PLS HELP. I AM GOING OUT OF MY MIND WITH FEAR, AND ANXIETY. I AM SUICIDAL AND FEEL COMPLETELY ALONE ON THIS!

The care for complicated conditions such as this is actually superb at government hospitals as there are usually experts there is these fields. I would suggest that you get a referral to one.