Question
Posted by: Shattered | 2008/07/28

PAYROLL ERROR

I joined my company in November 2007. In July 2008 I received a 10% increase. On doing the calculations for July payroll the company discovered that they had made an error on my deductions when I started and that I have been overpaid since November last year. Firstly they are deciding how I can or if I should pay back what was overpaid to me for the last 8 months, and secondly, my increase is now basically not an increase because of the recalculation as it is just about the same as the amount that they miscalculated.

What are my rights?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

if there was an error they are entitled to recover this. the recovery should be done on an agreement basis.

1
Posted by: Bob' s girlfriend | 2008/07/28

How was is miscalculated?

Reply to Bob&#39 s girlfriend