Question
Posted by: Leona | 2009/11/23

Payment for notice period

I worked for this company for 2 months and I left without serving the full notice period. The company policy (which is in the conditions of service) is 2 weeks notice but I only gave them 3 days notice as I wasn' t really happy with what I was doing there. I have received a letter saying I owe the company money for the days I did not serve and I must pay them. I would like to know can they take leagl action against me if I don' t pay this money?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: PAYMENT FOR NOTICE PERIOD

If the policy is 2 weeks notice and you signed an agreement, then you might have to give them 2 weeks notice. If you left without giving the 2 weeks noitice they can take legal action. They probably won't however.

1
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2009/11/27

RE: PAYMENT FOR NOTICE PERIOD

Reply to labour lawyer