Question
Posted by: Shoes | 2010/03/01

Pay when dismissing

Hello,

I would like to dismiss an employee. We pay for their bus tickets and food allowance in advance. Do I have to pay this if he will no longer be working for us in the following month?

We also pay a performance bonus, if they stole from us, do I still have to pay this?

We are also paying the employee a Christmas bonus, over 6 months, do I still have to pay this?

In the contract it states that the above two bonus'' are at the employers discretion.

Thank you.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: PAY WHEN DISMISSING

You need to pay the bus tickets and food allowance in advance because you haven't had the disciplinary hearing. Once you have the disciplinary hearing then you could obviously ask the chairperson to dismiss at that point.

1
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2010/03/02

RE: PAY WHEN DISMISSING

Reply to labour lawyer