Question
Posted by: Mattinfinity | 2008/08/02

Pay for weekends

My company gives me 1 and a half times my pay for a Sunday. Is this right? I work a 45 hour week. Do companies see the lunch hour as included in this 45 hours or is it separate? I mean I am there in the workplace so is it part of the hours?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

it is correct if you get 1 and a half pay for Sundays if you regularly work on a Sunday. The company should see the 1 hour seperate to the 45 hour week

1
Posted by: visitor | 2008/08/04

Normal working hours are 45 hours per week so you either work a nine hour day mon - fri OR an 8 hour day mon - fri + 5 hours on sat
Lunch time is seperate.

with regards to sundays - if you work on a sunday you should be paid double time unless you are in an industry that is governed by a bargaining council that perhaps agreed on time and a half - industries like retail and hospitality for e.g

Reply to visitor