Question
Posted by: upset | 2012/05/09

paxil

Hello my doctor has recently prescribed paxil CR @ 25mg for anxiety it works great though my I feel terribly bloated on it I''ve tried everything from having it with meals to taking some nexium but nothing has worked. I actually feel as if I retain water on it or is that the illusion of the bloating? My doctor feels I have ibs and wants me to take eglonyl with the paxil to relieve the terrible tummy eFfects is this good? I''m a male and I know my sister was on eglonyl for her to generate milk!!! . I''m so upset I finally find a drug that works well for my anxiety disorder only for this to occur a case of murphys law?

Paxil, and a whole bunch of other antidepressants can indeed be very useful in managing anxiety, as can CBT style counselling / psychtherapy. I haven't come across it causing bloating or fluid retention. The SSRI group of antidepressants, including Paxil can propduce gastro-intestinal symptoms, including nausea and other such suymptoms, especially in some prople who are sensitive to them.
As he recommends Eglonyl ( a peculiar drug beloved by older SA GPs ( and, yes, often in regard to milk production, which is often one of its side-effects apart from marked sedation ), I'm guessing that the doctor in this matter is a GP ? A specialist psychiatrist might be more broadly helpful ?
Everything has some side-effects in at least some who use it, but many folks do seem to find Bevispas helpful.

2
Posted by: Friend | 2012/05/09

Bevispas tablets works wonders for bloating and IBS. It is from R25,00 to R30,00 for 20 tablets and it cured my IBS and bloating and has no side affects.

Reply to Friend