Question
Posted by: Piet | 2010-10-13

Paxil

Hi Doc,

I''ve been on Paxil 20mg for about 5 months now, i had some side effects in the beginning but they subsided after about 2 weeks. But the last 2 months my sex drive went totally away. Where i thought about sex and where in the mood everyday, now i''m very rarely in the mood. This is causing problems in my marriage as my wife thinks i''m having an affair or that i don''t love her anymore. Can the paxil cause this?

Hallo Piet
Yes, unfortunately it can. There are antidepressants that cause less libido side effects e.g. Serzone or Wellbutrin. Discuss with your doctor to see if he is willing to change your prescription?

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-10-13

Hallo Piet