Question
Posted by: Candice | 2011/03/05

Pathology testing and Pap Smear

I would like to know if i had a D &  C and had pathology tests done afterwards how soon should I have a Pap Smear or is having a D &  C the same as having a pap smear. The pathology tests came back clear.

A D&C is not the same as a pap smear. It takes scrapings from inside the uterus, not the cervix. You would have to have pap smears at the normal times, every 1-2 years unless you are high risk.

2

Posted by: purple | 2011/03/06

A D& C is a scrape of your womb to clean it out after miscarriage or to abort a baby under 12 weeks. A pap smear is a swab of cervical cells which are tested for precancerous cells.

Reply to purple