Posted by: CD | 2009-07-17

Paternity Tests

My fiance'  was paying maintenance for a child he was uncertain about since 2003.He did not have the finances at the time to get paternity tests done, he eventually did the test on the 06/07 and was excluded as being the father (Probability was 0%) Now the mother of the child is contesting this and wants another test done. The test was done through Ampath Labs, she says she wants then done through another lab. What can he do to get the court to withdraw the maintenance? And Can he claim that money back. This is really rediculas.

Dear CD

I suggest you contact the Lancet Laboratories to see if they offer this service but there may be other laboratories such as the NHLS, which would perhaps offer this test as well.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim