Posted by: o2b | 2008-11-10

I have five children, three in quick succession after we got married and after that I was very careful. I used condoms. In February 1996 my wife fell pregnant. I could not understand how. We had a son who is now 12. We had another son three years later.All my children have strong resemblances to me, except the 12 year old, who has totally different facial features, ears, nose width, nose bridge etc. He does not resemble my wifes family either. As a small child his difference was not as pronounced, but he is now getting manly features and the differences are more marked. He is also metally different.
My wife also refused to have him in hospital and he was born at home. All the others she had in hospital.
I love all my children and my wife very much, but it is bothering me. Should I get a paternity test or not?

Dear o2b
Only you can make the decision - it will have serious consequences for your family if you decide to have it done and it turns out that he is not your child, so you need to think carefully about whether this is what you really want. Even if it is confirmed that he is your child, this may have an effect on the child and your wife, and they may feel that you don't love or trust them.
Paternity tests can be done at the labs like Lancet