Question
Posted by: Chan | 2008/08/22

Patches on baby skin

My Baby is 5 months old. From about 2wks old she developed a patch at the nape of her neck, on the back of her head and on her right eye lid. The patches are red and a white flaky scab forms on it. I have taken her to a doctor who referred me to a dermatologist. I have used 5 diff ointments a 3 diff soaps prescribed by the doc and dermatologist. I have stopped using the stuff now but after a day of not using the ointment the the patches start flaking again. The dermatologist said that it might be scorisis. I am now only using aqueous bar soap and epimax aqueous cream. I have read about BABY SEBAMED products which is for sensitive, dry skin and also for echzema. I am not sure if I can also use the same product for my baby? I really dont know which way to turn now, I really need some advice. Thank you.
Looking forward to your reply.

Chan

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you continue to use a low cortisone cream, in order to prevent the dermatological changes. You can use 1% hydro-cortisone cream (available at pharmacies), sparingly on the lesions. Most skin problems related to babies will dissapear as the baby grows older.

I am not familiar with the Baby Sebamed products and am therefore, unable to comment on this.

Kind regards