Question
Posted by: Lissw | 2009/04/20

Patch &  Antibiotics

I' ve been using the contraceptive patch for the last 6 months. I have just finished a course of antibiotics and have only remember that it could cause the contraception to not be as strong.

I would be happy to fall pregnant so thats not an issue. the only thing is, if i were to be pregnant would my period just not happen this month? and would continuing on the patch without realising cause problems to the baby?

Obviously if i didnt have a period (next week) as planned i could assume i was pregnant. as my periods run like clockwork.

That's right, you would not have a period if you are pregnant and it would not harm the baby.