Question
Posted by: M | 2010/02/18

Pastoral Psychologist

CS. Could you point me in the direction of a pastoral psychologist that uses CBT and specialises in marriage counselling? With a couple of years experience. Jhb, East Rand or Pretoria area.

I wish I could, but its impossible to keep track of anyone in practice, and what type of work they do and where. The SADAG website and at their phone-number can help as they list a number of shrinks who say they do CBT. As there is no properly organized and recognized training for pastoral counselling or pastoral psychology in SA, I would not recommend a pastoral counsellor as such. FAMSA also can recommend a number of experienced family and marriage counsellors in your area.

3
Posted by: M | 2010/02/19

Thank You.

Reply to M
Posted by: anon | 2010/02/19

try www dot bmc dot org dot za
Go to " Ministries"  on the left hand side, then click on " Counseling House"  to get contact info.

They have skilled counselors who do marriage counselling, amongst other things. (I did a FAMSA marriage prep course there)

Reply to anon