Question
Posted by: C | 2010/02/09

PASTA

For the past couple of days I' ve been having two slices of wholeweat brown bread and peanut butter for breakfast and 2 min Woolies noodles for lunch (I mention Woolies noodles because the difference in kj' s between Woolies noodles and Maggie noodles are remarkable). I then just have two or three fruits in between as snacks. Is it okay to have both bread and pasta every day? Just curious ....

Dear C
You can certainly have a serving of low-GI carbs with every meal. The 2 min noodles are not a low-GI carb and can cause fluctuations in your blood sugar and insulin levels leading to cravings and overeating a subsequent meals. Rather have pasta made from Durum wheat which is low GI, with a tomato sauce and a salad.

1

Dear C