Question
Posted by: Jumper | 2012/07/20

Past

I was sexually abused as a child and have never told my father about it. I don''t know if anyone else in my family knows about this but nobody has ever said anything about it and i never had anyone talk to me about sex and what is right or wrong when it came to adults touching. I think i even came to forgive one of the people that did this to me. My father used to go away for work a lot so he never witnessed any of these things happen. My daughter is now 7 and is not currently living with me (only till the end of the school year). i dont want to think that anything might happen to her but people are sick out ther and it''s hard for me to trust any man with her but my father. I''ve developed a way of letting people hurt me and just let it go. i''m in a new relationship now and my boyfriend tells me that i sometimes let my past control my situation and tend to be a bit paranoid. ?????????

People are not sick. SOME people are evil and do bad things to some other people. It'd be so useful for you to see a counsloor and work through your own experiences, to be able to draw accurate and useful conclusions from them. You could then be better able to change your habit of letting people treat you badly, and to strike a better balance between being too suspicious and being not suspicious enough. Then you'd e better able both to find a happy relationship, and to better protect yourself and your daughter

1