Question
Posted by: hurt | 2009/03/12

Passionate Hate

Please can you give me some advice on help I need. I have an extreme hatred for nudity in movies and on t.v. what can I do to get over it? I was hoping there is something I can adjust in my brain to not get so angry about it. I am sure you can imagine it is a big problem for me. I can go insane and feel very hurt by it. Why do movies have to muck up love and something that is meant to be pure. I must mention that I am already 35 years old. Sometimes I feel like taking my own life. I cant handle it, but need to? My poor husband is so kind and if a good movie comes on he wont watch it just to be sensitive to me but I cant expect that of him all the time, it is not fair to him. Please give me a suggestion. I dont want to leave the room because I dont want my husband to watch it either. Very embarresing for me.

SOme people enjoy seeing nudity in movies, some people don't --- but its less common for someone to feel so actively angry about it, or to feel hurt by it --- as it isn't about you. Most of the movies you seem to be describin may not be about love at all, for while love usually includes sex, sex doesn't necessarily include love. Its sad that many people don't honour and respect love to the extent that you do --- but how can you think of harming yourself about other peopl's failings ? I would strongly suggest that you see a good psychologist, preferably one with a CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) approach, to help you get this into proportion --- not to change your mind abo ut what is right and wrong, but to avoid these extreme and unhelpful reaction

2
Posted by: tom | 2009/03/12

Tom you got the wrong end of the stick, if you have nothing better to say, why dont you shut up?

Reply to tom
Posted by: tom | 2009/03/12

so i would imagine your poor husband don' t get " anything" ,i suppose you sleep with full on long pj' s,i think you need help fast.does your husband know how you look naked?i dont think so poor man!

Reply to tom