Question
Posted by: Nita | 2011/10/24

Passing Tissue - Mirena

Hi, i''ve had a MIrena inserted 20/9/11 and have had spotting right until now 24/10/11 with some heavy bleeding and cramps that feel like contractions since 19/10/11. I just passed a blood clot entwined with what looked like tissue.. did I just miscarry? or is this another thing I wasn''t warned to expect. Do I need to go and see my dr?? thanks for your time

Irregular spotting is common with the Mirena. While a miscarriage seems unlikely, it is not impossible, so maybe you should see your doctor to check.

1